And I have now finished the fat positive drawing! I’m quite pleased with it.
This is to remind people that the word fat is not a negative term, and shouldn’t be treated as an insult. I hope you can all remember that, and I hope it helps some people to know that fat is not a bad word. Maybe it’ll stop people from calling themselves fat in a negative way, or saying to someone “no, you’re not fat, you’re beautiful!” when they should probably be saying “yes, you are fat, and you’re beautiful”.
to the window
to the wall
to the trash where i belong
"The Favorite" by Omar Rayyan
Favorite what? Demon?!
Loving the fact that whatever it is is wearing a matching flower.
I went on a journey of self discovery today
This is what you can do if you try hard, and believe in yourself.
WHY DO PEOPLE CALL IT FUCK, MARRY, KILL WHEN THEY COULD CALL IT BED, WED, BEHEAD
Or, as King Henry VIII likes to call it, a productive evening.
To a sustainable food source.
i’m not a misandrist but i think it’s pretty clear men are unfit for jobs in parliment. i mean, you try to have an intellectual discusscion with them about social issues, and their first instinct is to demand if equal rights means they can punch you. their brains just aren’t wired for talking to people / thinking through problems without using violence. get back to the gym, sweetheart
but, bbygrl, why a tura satana appreciation day?
[tw : rape]
- she’s a total babe. duh.
- she’s japanese, filipino, cheyenne + irish.
- she was simultaneously a straight-a student in school while being viciously bullied for her heritage + size and punished by her parents for getting into fights. i mean, even without the straight a’s, she was strong and endured feeling isolated at home and at school.
- she’s a fellow rape survivor — “Walking home from school at the age of nine she was gang raped by five men. According to Satana, her attackers were never prosecuted and it was rumored that the judge had been paid off. She tells how this prompted her to learn the martial arts of aikido and karate and, over the next 15 years, track down each rapist and exact revenge. ’I made a vow to myself that I would someday, somehow get even with all of them’, she said years later. ‘They never knew who I was until I told them.’”
- she began living on her own at the age of 13, after her parents married her to a 17-year old and she wasn’t having that bullshit. i can’t even imagine what that was like.
- she was an extremely successful burlesque dancer, and even when she got pregnant at 19 she danced through the first eight months of her pregnancy! and yeah, she still made BANK.
- faster pussycat! kill! kill! — a cult classic john waters apparently calls the greatest movie ever made. i still haven’t seen it, but from what i’ve read it portrays the three female leads (tura satana is the LEAD lead) in positions or power that normally men are portrayed in, and that’s allll the way back in the 60’s. she did all her own stunts and fight scenes. the majority of satana’s styling and one-liners, and some additional key concepts of the film, were satana’s own doing.
- after being shot by a former lover and staying in a hospital, she decided to study nursing and she did just that. she even briefly worked as the dispatcher for the lapd.
tura satana passed away on 2/4/2011, but she’s still amazing and one of my inspirations as a woc, especially as a mixed-race asian rape survivor struggling to embrace my sexuality. <3 and that’s why i’m giving her her own day! just who she was makes me feel good about me.
all facts taken from tura satana’s wikipedia page
ugh, sometimes i channel this wonderbabe when my day is terrible